Sunday 12 February 2012

Winter Has NOT Yet Left The Building, Bruce County !

What a shock hearing the news last evening that Whitney Houston had died in her Hotel room at age 48 years old.  Another entertainer, another Hotel room, and another Death .... so sad.  Tonight's News mentioned something about "no foul play" and "death by drowning".  Whitney was such an Icon in the Music industry; who didn't like her music?  As tribute to another fantastic voice gone from this World ....



For those of us who would like to reflect back through the years, the following link to CNN Entertainment takes us there:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/12/showbiz/whitney-houston-death/?hpt=hp_c1

The last I heard was they (the music industry) are scrambling to come up with a tribute to Whitney Houston for this evening's Grammy Awards.  I am sure it will be a very emotional evening at this Year's Awards.

The Weatherman was actually true to his word with the forecast yesterday, last night and today.  Hey Bruce County !

 "Winter has NOT left the building ....."





"Between the Snowman and Bandit, I am not sure who was the happiest with all of this Snow?"


This morning was not a very productive time for me at all between the pain in my neck (better I am sure then a pain in the "butt" as my hubby likes to refer me being at times), and my muscles wanting to jump out of my skin with a Fibromyalgia flareup.  I kept moving at a slow pace with it finally easing up around the early afternoon.  I am happy to have had it somewhat let up a bit, as I was able to then accomplish a couple of things this afternoon.

Today was Rob's "one" day off until next Sunday.  He did not get home until 6:00 am this morning.  Mercedes and I tried to be very very quiet so we didn't awaken him .....it is amazing what one will do when they have to be quiet and amuse themselves?

"Mercedes was quietly chewing her bone, bum up and half under our bed."


"While I was amusing myself in the mirror .... LOL."


I can report, we were all pretty quiet with Rob not arising until around 1:00 pm.

Personally I thought he would have slept longer but he wanted to bring in wood from the wood shed and clear our driveway.  After a bowl of homemade Nine Bean Soup into him, this is what he set out to do.


"Unbelievable, as this was the very first time Rob had the tractor out to clean our driveway this Year.  I hate to begin to count how many times it was out last Year !"


Once I was feeling a little better, I thought I had best make up a batch of muffins for Rob to take along for his lunches this week, so I got down to business.

"Blueberry Crunch Muffins, substituted by using a 4 Berry mixture instead."


"Ready to go into a 350*F pre-heated oven for 25 minutes."


"Fresh right out of the oven to be cooled and ready for sampling."


Once Rob was done cleaning the driveway, and having loaded wood into the basement, he did sample a couple of the muffins with his coffee.  They got a "thumbs up" from him, so I guess they will be getting packed along in his lunches after all.  The recipe for this muffins?  Oh yes, here it is ....


Recipe Source ~ Reynolds Wrap

Blueberry Crunch Muffins 

Reynolds® Extra Large Foil Baking Cups

TOPPING: 
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened

MUFFINS
3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups frozen blueberries, rinsed and drained

PREHEAT oven to 375°F (or to 350°F if using dark or nonstick cookie sheet). Place 12 Reynolds Extra Large Foil Baking Cups on cookie sheet. 
COMBINE topping ingredients in small bowl until crumbly; set aside. 
COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Combine eggs, milk, butter and vanilla in medium bowl; stir into flour mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in blueberries. Spoon 1/3 cup batter into each baking cup; sprinkle topping evenly over batter. 
BAKE 20 to 25 minutes until lightly browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean./span

Number of Servings: 12


NOTE:  Recipe made 18 large muffins; Blueberries may be substituted with a mixture of berries. Oh yes, and there are a couple of members from Cindy's Recipe Exchange on Facebook, who made these who also had great success and satisfaction with this recipe.  Another tried, tested and true to Rob and I recipe !

By this time it was just before the 5:00 pm hour, when I had to start thinking about getting some Supper cooked and on the table.  I was happy Rob got to sit down for a good hot meal, as he hadn't had one since last Tuesday since he has been such a busy "Crabby Cabbie" this past week, and again in the next week and a half to come.

"Yum ... one of our favorite meals around here.  Pork Schnitzel, served alongside asparagus and cauliflower."


All considering, Rob and I enjoyed what time we had together today.  We had planned on going for a walk after supper, but between fatigue and the weather getting blustery again, we decided not to.  Good thing as Rob went to bed right after we had decided and was snoring within 15 minutes of his head hitting the pillow!

I have noticed a few new people joining me here as followers along with me for my everyday adventures, thoughts and opinions.  Welcome and thank you.  I do enjoy everyones comments, as the sharing and interaction is wonderful !

Speaking of tired, never mind Rob as I am feeling pretty much this way myself with thoughts of our bed not too far away from my sights and my own head hitting my pillow, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

4 comments:

  1. watching the Grammy's as I want to see the tribute they do for Whitney and of course Adele.

    Those muffins look good, I have a new to me muffin recipe on my blog tomorrow.

    Barrie got hit hard, but we didn't have too much as it was blown around a lot..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muffins look gorgeous but 'off my list'! We like schnitzel as well - pork, chicken (tomorrow night), and even beef and we serve it like you did - just 2 or 3 steamed veggies.

    Far too much snow for me - that much cold would kill me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, that is a heck of a lot of snow, we had snow 5 weekends last year (unheard of) but not a single flake this year :(. I printed your muffin recipe to try tomorrow, I need to use up berries we have in the freezer from last summer!!! I would LOVE your Pork schnitzel recipe as well if you don't mind. We only get it once a year at a German restaurant at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that pork snitzel sure does look good !

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...