Wednesday 22 February 2012

Hometown, Lunch, Meat Market & Tea All In The Same Day !

It is amazing some days whilst I am racking my brains and fingertips doing my blog, there are others who just have a "Dog's Daze" life around here ....

"Mercedes just taking life as it comes along .... nothing too strenuous?"



Wowsers what a day that was I just had today!  I suppose after all the decluttering I have been doing around here the past month, I needed a good day away .... but darn, darn, and triple darn it all nobody was here when I was gone to do the dusting and vacuuming I had left behind; what's up with that?

My "Crabby Cabbie" took off way before 7 am this morning, and I not until just before 10:30 am.

First I had to drop around to a friend's place in Wiarton to make a drop off of some stuff, then on I went towards my Hometown of Southampton where I just happened to "hook up" with my most favourite "Crabby Cabbie" for some lunch.

"We had never been to Woody Rhodes before so we thought we would check it out by stopping in for some lunch."


"We both enjoyed a "loaded" Omelet, and oh man it was not only loaded it was "awesome", along with the side of chips and toast that came with it. "


Rob and I would definitely not hesitate by returning to Woody Rhodes Breakfast Emporium for another breakfast and/or lunch anytime in the future.

I had some business to attend to in Southampton, so once that was finished up with I had some time to kill before I was to meet up with my Auntie Gladys for tea.

"I stopped around for a visit with my friend, Sue Palethorpe, who just so happens to own and operate The Southampton Meat Market, and doing a fine job of it for the past 15 years."


"I couldn't begin to name off all the interesting spices and stuff, other then meats & cheeses, Sue has to offer in her store as there are so many"


"I was not even there 10 minutes when three customers were in and out, bang, bang, bang - cheeses, Rib eye steaks, and smoked pork chops were among the items purchased."




"You need not stop any where else for selection, as Sue has it pretty much all covered here at "The Southampton Meat Market"."




The Southampton Meat Market is a MUST stop when visiting Bruce County, and/or Southampton's beautiful beach (my favourite #1 Beach).


Unfortunately since Sue was pretty busy, we didn't have too much time for socializing, however I was pleased to make a "find" in her establishment for something I have been wanted to try out.

"Himalayan Salt which is to have all kinds of benefits, health wise, then any other salt."


When I had made my purchase, a "little birdie" told me should anyone be a member of Cindy's Recipe Exchange on Facebook, there would be a "discount" for such a person.  Now that is a reason to be joining up and dropping around to The Southampton Meat Market if there ever was one !  Thanks Sue, totally appreciated.
Remember, Buy Local & Buy Fresh !!!

"Tea with Auntie was Hot Chocolate for her (oh man, what a size of cup), Earl Grey Tea for her friend, Marnie, and myself, and ...... "


"..... coffee for my Cousin Vi.  Check this little coffee perk out, it was pretty neat with a timer to go off when it had reached the perfect "brew".   How nifty is that?"


"I had also thought this light fixture was pretty "unique" too."


 "Loose Leaves" is another MUST stop place to go in Southampton, Ontario, located at 178 High Street.  

That was certainly a "full" day !!!  I didn't get home until almost 4:00 pm, where our "pack" of three were very happy to see their Master.

I have a Layered Enchilada Bake in the oven for our supper, so I think I will finish up here before it is all ready and we can get around to enjoying it, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

8 comments:

  1. It looks like a wonderful day & I just love shopping in great little locally owned shops! Looks like a great shop!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great day today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we had a shop like yours around this neighbourhood. I live in Tignish, PE. Your store is grand. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see you today Cindy, I never saw you snap a single one of those pics.. photography is obviously another one of your many talents!! Thanks for the shout out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great little shop, I agree buy and eat local!!!! I seem to be having the same problem you are having, dusting, vacuume, laundry, on and on. Hope to have a nice easy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha Love the chandleir,one of a kind I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that omlette nearly busted my diet!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I for all time emailed this blog post page to all my contacts, because if like to read it afterward my friends will too. http://www.exoticcarrental305.com

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...