Thursday 2 February 2012

Happy Groundhog Day ~ WIARTON WILLIE ~ !!!

Today was the day when Wiarton Willie made his predication of an early Spring.

We never had much of a Spring to speak about last year, and Winter?  have we had one yet this Year?  Most certainly not like the one we had the Year before, now was it?

Really now, do you think Wee Wiarton Willie has it right this Year?  Time will tell ..... now that Wee Wiarton Willie is "snug as a bug" back in his house !

The Wiarton Willie Festivities have begun with four days of entertainment and events going on in the Town of Wiarton.  Looking to take in some of the festivities, check out the schedule of upcoming events at the following weblink:

http://www.southbrucepeninsula.com/en/wiartonwillie/welcome.asp

I am sure there is some thing for everyone on one of the four days of planned events.

This morning started out as usual for the "pack" and I, then with me leaving to go Volunteer at the Thursday morning VON SMART exercise group.  Once exercise was over with this morning, I had to make a stop before I headed back home.






"This is the hat and shirt I had gotten my "Crabby Cabbie" Rob for Christmas with the "Crabby Cabbie" logos on them."







The stop I made was to the place where the "Crabby Cabbie" logo had been made into an Embroidered patch and placed so perfectly on the shirt and hat for my dear "Crabby Cabbie".

"Ram Trophies & Sportswear is located beside the Wiarton Inn, downtown Wiarton.  They are the official supplier of Wiarton Willie Merchandise, Corporate, team wear or a customer gift.  Full range of promotional products, on site embroidery and laser machine".



Let's go on it and take a little tour and "look see" inside the joint to see what it is all about, shall we?

"Oh yes, here is the store front when you first walk in where you can make a purchase of some pretty cool Wiarton Willie Wear from sweatshirts, to T's, to hats.  Lots of choices to be made here."


"Ahh, the Sportwear section, where you can pick out the style and fit of your choice then put in an order to have your own personal logo made and placed on it.  Or just pickup that Sporty clothing item that fits you to a "T" here."


"This is behind the scenes where it is a pretty "happening" place any given day, except today, as the owner is up front looking after customers.  Wiarton Willie Festivities are happening you know, so it might get pretty busy up front these next couple of days !  Lots of pretty cool stuff takes place here though, and if you do happen to saunter in you could probably see what it is all about."


The most delightful part I found out of everything about Ram Trophies and Sportwear was the person who is responsible for it all, who when I had met, made me feel so comfortable, who had put foremost only what I wanted to have done in mind.  The gal who purchased this business almost three years ago now, who has put, and still does, all her heart and soul into her work with much pride and joy.  How do I know all this?  well, it just so happens you can see it in her "face" and hear it in her "voice".

Should you ever be in Wiarton drop on in to meet this delightful person who is behind it all at Ram Trophies & Sportswear.  In the meantime .... I am pleased to have met, and hopefully continue seeing, is the gal who makes the business "tick" .....

"This is Koreen.  Thanks Koreen as you made my doing business with you an absolute delight !  I also have one very pleased "Crabby Cabbie" with the workmanship you put out.  Thank you."


Should anyone like a personal "touch" added to something, or anything done up for their business, please contact Koreen, as I can guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Ram Trophies & Sportwear

658 Berford Street

Wiarton, ON

N0H 2T0
Phone: 519-534-0000
Fax:519-534-0069


"I almost forgot this picture !  Koreen's friend makes these adorable little hats displayed here.  How could not someone buy one of these for their own little one, or for a grandchild?"


I finally made it home, not too long after the noon hour.  Rob went out to get some wood from the woodshed to stock up the pile in the house, while I did some general tidying up and started preparing our Dinner.

Dinner was pretty dang good today, if I say so myself.  We had T-bone steaks cooked under the broiler in the oven, baked potatoes and cucumbers in dressing.  Yum, yum and yum !

Once Dinner was cleaned up from Rob and I had some sit down time together, along with a coffee, before it was time for him to put his "Crabby Cabbie" hat on and go do what he does best.  I had contacted my friend, Sharon, who was game for an afternoon walk, so off I went downtown to meet up with her.

Sharon and I actually walked down to where the Wiarton Willie Event Tent was at Wiarton's Bluewater Park.  Bands and festivities are going on all day and evening there.

"We took a walk through and some pretty good tunes were being played at that time."


"Food and refreshments are available, as well as souvenirs.  There are also alcoholic beverages available, as the tent is licensed to serve liquor."


For the declutter challenge I have signed up for with Carla over at 1/2 a Dozen Daily, I did get one small goal accomplished yesterday .....




"The washstand, I use as my night table was cleared and cleaned of clutter.  I have yet to do the drawer, however the compartments with the doors had been done in the Fall, and remained uncluttered since, hooray!"







It is already after six o'clock !  WOW !!!  where does time go?  I still have laundry needing to be folded and there are probably other things I could do yet before I call it a day.

*Sigh* here I go, as I should be signing off here for now to get going on something or other with hopefully there being a little bit of energy left in me, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

3 comments:

  1. I never believe that Wiarton Willie!!!!!

    We'll be in for another two months of winter no problem!!

    Glad you got some decluttering done.

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cute litte hats!! You had a full day for sure. It was in the 70's again here yesterday, it's hard to stay in and declutter with such pretty weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here we celebrate ground hog day with Pucksatawny Phil. It is a very small world. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...