Monday 16 January 2012

It Really Is Only Around The Corner Now, Isn't It?

Rob and I were "treated" out to Chinese Food last night by my Auntie Gladys & Uncle Basil.  Being invited out, not having to cook, clean-up and put away is such a huge "treat" in my books ~ Love it, love it, love it ~

We took off from home over to their place in Port Elgin a little earlier so we had time for a visit prior to heading out to the Chinese Restaurant.

"The funny thing is the Auntie & Uncle's home is only a hop, skip and throw to the where the Atlantic Chinese Restaurant is located in Port Elgin.  So close actually I am thinking the rear of it can be seen from their house."


"Never no mind how close or far, we drove to the appointed destination.  By the time we were finished it was too dark to be out walking the streets anyhow .... lol, oh yes, and too cold."


We all came away from the Chinese Buffet "full as a ticks", with nary a complaint much between the four of us.  Then the very very best part of it all was the UNCLE picked up the tab !!!   Way to go UNCLE !!!  How "sweet" that was !!!

I really didn't sleep too well, once again, last night.  Rob works a day shift every third Monday, so I got up and had coffee with him before he left at seven anyway.  

My morning was spent getting some of the "dust bunnies" from out of our dining area, doing up a few dishes, making our bed and folding a load of laundry, all with scheduled rests inbetween.  Nothing to overly strenuous, with me now just taking it easy for the rest of the day.

Supper will be simple tonight, as there is leftover Chicken Broccoli Braid;  I will make a salad to go along with it (oops, best be checking out the lettuce situation in the crisper).

I was just thinking this morning that the Wiarton Willie Festival is just around the corner .... just a little over two weeks away now.

"For those who do not know, Wiarton Willie is an International Star in his own right after 56 years of being in the limelight."


The Wiarton Willie Festival will be running from the 1st until the 5th of February this 2012 year, with "Willie" making his annual debut on the morning of February 2nd, of course.

Willie has even drawn a big ticket name to entertain and share his limelight with him on the 4th of February when David Usher will be in town performing.  Lots to do and things to see for the "Wiarton Willie Festival's 56th Year".  Take your time and peruse "Willie's Official Website" to find out what events/activities will draw you out to this huge annual event:

http://www.wiartonwilliefestival.com/

Now anyone wanting to attend the 56th Annual Wiarton Willie Festival this year, would also need some "wonderful" accommodations as well, would they not?  Let me be of assistance in this matter, as just recently I have become acquainted with a certain Caroline Murray, by way of my Social Networking travels, who just happens to own and operate a very lovely Bed & Breakfast on the outskirts of Wiarton.

Let me introduce you to Caroline Murray, and the Evergreen Bed & Breakfast.



Who would NOT want to stay in such lovely rooms that obviously have had so much thought, detail and love go into each individual room, would be far beyond me to fathom.

"Like" what Caroline was saying and showing?  then divulge yourself a little further by dropping into their website:

http://evergreen-bed-and-breakfast.com/

That is it all in a "nutshell" on what is upcoming and where to stay whilst you attend ..... the "56th Annual Wiarton Willie Festival ~ 2012".

The weather outside my windows is beautiful today with the Sun out in full force.  Cold, brisk and refreshing, if dressed warm enough for it, exactly what the Doctor ordered to "freeze those nasty little flu bugs" right out of our lives.

Other then preparing a bit of supper for myself and my "Crabby Cabbie" when he arrives home, I am thinking I will just enjoy putting my feet up for the rest of the day and take it easy, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

3 comments:

  1. Cindy, You are such a sweetheart:)
    Thank you for the mention in your blog today about our B&B. Keep the great blogs coming and I'll continue to read them, and share them.
    Caroline- Evergreen Forest Bed and Breakfast Wiarton

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how fast January if flying by.

    Remember to not over do it!!!

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Slow and steady will have you back on your feet in no time!!

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...