Thursday 1 December 2011

Hello Snow & Goodbye November 2011 !!!

Whenever you get a grin on your face, your brain is releasing serotonin, the happy hormone. Smiling is the natural way to force yourself to be happy. Many people even smile for five minutes straight in the morning to get themselves in a great mood for the day. It is a very powerful tool that is utilized less and less as we grow older and need happiness more than ever. Just remember that while happiness leads to smiles, smiles also lead to happiness.
There is is in black and white .... "smile more often".  I could not agree more wholeheartedly, however I am thinking yesterday morning after I had posted my blog with this photo embedded in same ....".....when I had first looked out our patio doors to seeing only this."

"...then to look out my patio doors 3 hours later to this !"

"..... then having to deal with this."


".....while trying to do this."


"..... however really enjoying the beauty of this."


.... there had to be a "smile" or two inbetween all of that somewhere.

Of course this was the day for the very last session of the VON SMART program's course to be held, once again, down at the Legion in Tara.  With the roads the way they were at this time in the morning, my friend, Cathy came to the conclusion we would wait until about 10:00 a.m. before we left.  Which we did.

"We got on our way to Tara, but not without first stopping for a coffee infusion by going through the Tim Horton's drive-thru in Hepworth."





 "Since Cathy was driving I got to take in a bit of the scenery along the way."




"I even got to do a little co-piloting by giving directions when we made it to the lights further on down the Grey-Bruce Line."

"Along bumpy iced roads we finally made it to River Road, which took us directly to the Tara Legion.  What a change from when I had been "Tarrying Awhile in Tara" the past few weeks."


"We hadn't missed out on too much of what our SMART Coordinator, Cathy McDowell had planned to review on this day with all of us.  It was very SMART of us, as we were also there early enough NOT to miss out on the fantastic lunch the Auxiliary Ladies had made for all us.  Most of us all know "food" is one of my favorite subjects, and to miss out on a homemade Legion luncheon, I think NOT !"

 "After lunch was over with, Dororthy Embacher, the "Guru" of the VON SMART program, or what we love to refer to her as being, had arrived to review some of the Practical components of the VON SMART program with all of us."
"This day ended with Cathy McDowell not only being an awesome VON SMART Course Material Instructor through and through, but  also a lady with a "heart of gold, as well.  How thoughtful of gifting each of us, along with a personal note, a pair of exercise socks, some chocolate for energy and a "Star" to remind each of us that we are.  Many thanks & blessings to you Cathy !"How SMART am I now?  Pretty VON SMART, I would think !  This day wasn't only a whole day, it was a whole day full of "smiles" sprinkled throughout it.  I, for one, most certainly had lots of natural "happy hormones" going on within myself !My "Hello Snow & Goodbye November 2011"  turned out to be a most wonderful adventure, I was able to enjoy with others !  However my adventure of Yesterday is now a wonderful memory, as I sit here in my gift of the Present, as I think about what the Wiarton Airport Weatherman guy has to say about the weather ahead in my Future ....

There is YELLOW !!!!  I am totally happy with any amount of YELLOW I can get, as it does make me feel good ....


Despite how weary I am feeling this morning, I think I will just put a "smile" on my face and have one more cup of Java before I head into a new adventure in my day ahead, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...