Monday 3 October 2011

Thinking I Am Still Completely Crazy & Then Some !

The sun was shining with the wind toned down very much from what it had been on Saturday, as we geared up for our Motorcycle to take off to Port Elgin's 25th Pumpkinfest Anniversary yesterday.  I have now came to the conclusion Rob and I are still of completely crazy minds, or at least Rob is for letting me convince him to take our Motorcycle as we both froze our "arses" off, as well as some other parts I am sure !!!

Since the "Crabby Cabbie" did not get home until the "wee" hours of the morning and he needed his "get un-crabby" beauty sleep, we didn't leave the house until 1:00 p.m..  It is about a 40 minute drive to Port Elgin, however we first had to stop at the Tim Horton's in Southampton on the way, as we needed a "hot" coffee to warm us .... lol.

"We eventually made it to the designated parking area for the Motorcycles beside the Port Elgin Legion Branch #340, which by the way is the branch my very own Uncle Basil belongs to (click on the link for the Legion, Auntie, and the Uncle can read all about his Legion, lol)."


"We of course "hooked" up with some of the guys .... all who bought a ticket on this baby I might add.  There is my Rob, along with Ralphy, Hermy and there is Harold in the backdrop !"



Oh man oh man, would my Rob ever love to win this spanking new Harley Davidson and retire our 1994 Honda Goldwing Interstate.  *Sigh* maybe in a another "lifetime"?

"I was quite thrilled to see there were some bikes there in the "Pumpkinfest" spirit."


"Now check this "baby" out, isn't it something????  This baby has a 350 car motor chopped into a Harley Davidson frame (hey guys, I sure hope I got that description right?) !"



"This beauty sure was something to be "looked" at, and "check out" the rad in it !"



"Here everyone is waiting for it's owner to "let it go"; I think he was very tempted to do so if there hadn't been such a crowd of people around."



"Our very own "Explore the Bruce" crew was there representing the whole of Bruce County !  I am assuming they were there, as someone had to drive the "truck" to this location .... lol."



"How could I NOT take a picture of this sweetheart of an "Aussie" girl when I came across her?  This little girl travelled to the Pumpkinfest all the way from West Montrose, just outside of Kitchener."



"Lucan has an annual draw for a "Classic" car, and how appropriate the car tickets are being sold on is orange this year in lieu of it being the Pumpkinfest's 25th Anniversary and all !  Lucan is still well known for it's history of the "Black Donnellys", as well as it's Annual Car Draw."



" .... and yet "another" Pumpkinfest colour coordinated vehicle which I think would be a great ride around town on Halloween as well ?"



"Here is a real oldie, a 1923 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost model.  This was NOT built from a vehicle kit, and was the "real deal" !"



"I can't go anywhere in and around Bruce County without seeing someone I know .... is that Brenda Sparks having herself a "little" rest way over there on that bench?  I believe it is.  LOL."



"This is a vehicle I was interested in the most .... a 1966 Ford T-Bird.  Not only a "beauty" but very "unique" as well."



"Clearance please !!!  Roof coming up ..... "



" ...... trunk going down !"



It is one pretty cool car, in my eyes .....

"Onto a couple of "action" vehicles, with their "Hydraulics" showing them off quite nicely."




"Oh man, if our grandsons had been there, they would have went wild over this vehicle.  Is that a "monster" of a truck, or what ????"




"Since raindrops had started making an appearance, we had to "high tail" it back to our bike.  Oh man, what a "bad" hair day was I having .... lol.  Thanks for taking the picture for me, Ralphy."




"We didn't even make it to the outskirts of town when it started pouring down."



"We were able to take cover in a Car Wash bay, where Rob got suited up in his "Big Bird" attire.  Since I had my oil slicker coat on, I was already good to go."




Go figure, once we left Port Elgin, and were coming into my Hometown of Southampton, on the right side of those rail road tracks, of course the rain then stopped.  Just further confirmation on how much I love Southampton, then ".............." .  LOL, I didn't say that out loud, did I ????

We made it back home around 4:00 p.m., where I was quick to get the Motorcycle gear off, head out to the wood shed for some kindling and got our woodstove fired up, as I was totally "chilled" to the bone. Crazy you say?  Crazier, I say !!!  LOL  We only live once, and I, for one, no matter how much I suffer at times, DO NOT want to give up living the life I have been blessed with and trying to enjoy every second of it if I am able to .....

I was totally thrilled that Rob made us Fish & Chips for supper, with me only having to help clear the table after we were finished supper.  Thanks Robbie Dobbie !!!

That certainly was some cold and blustery day yesterday, so I think I will be going on to check out what that Wiarton Airport Weather guy has to say about today ....







Knowing how the weather guy operates and noting this forecast was predicted a hour after I got up, I am sure it is subject to change as the day progresses.  I will be keeping my fingers crossed that there "might" be a little sunshine break in the upcoming day somewhere????

Here it is 6:15 a.m. with all very quiet, not even a snore from the next room or a peep from downstairs, so I think I will tip toe myself back into the kitchen for that second cup of Java, before I am off and running, once again, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...