Monday 26 September 2011

A Great Mix ~ Hometowns Birthdays & Friends

"..... and so began my yesterday, with the mist still laying on the bush line and the dew heavy on the ground."


Another beautiful Bruce County day it was with the sun out in full force and a gentle breeze to keep the day from feeling too warm.  A perfect day for me to attend an 80th Birthday Come & Go Tea Celebration for my friend's Mother, Coral Mercer, in my Hometown of Southampton. 

My cousin, Suzanne, has been friend's with Coral's daughter, Gwen, for years, and I with her daughter, Patti, who I hadn't seen for about 34 years forsure....or maybe a little less, who is counting?  LOL .... anyhow I made my way over to Oliphant to pick Suzanne up so we could make our way to the party at the Southampton Walkerhouse.  However before we left, I had to take a picture of the "new man" in Suzanne's life.

"Here is "Max"...um not sure if Suz got a good one or not....looking pretty layed back, sure hope he isn't "lazy" .... lol."


That pup is so darn cute.  He didn't move an inch the whole time I was there.  He should maybe run somewhere around the 100 lb. mark when full grown with him being Golden Retriever/Great Pyrenees cross (one of the pups from our Keady trip last Tuesday), so I am thinking once he weighs more then Suz, she will be riding him, instead of walking him down the road ?  LOL....I can't wait to see his progress !

We made it down to Southampton without a hitch, hanging out down by the Cenotaph while we waited for our Auntie Gladys to arrive from Port Elgin so we could all attend together. 

"Suz and I recaptured a few of our childhood memories as we sat here looking out over the waters of Lake Huron."


"Auntie arrived, and we headed into the Walkerhouse where there was a very nice turnout of well wishers."


"Here is my cousin, Tami, taking pictures for the Mercer family.  So nice to see her after .... um how many years?  Too many years ....."


"The lady of the hour .... "Coral Mercer" !  I have many good memories of her daughter, Patti & I running through this ladies house in days long past.  Can you imagine the patience of having a husband, 5 girls and 1 boy?  Hats of to you Coral !!! "


"Here is Coral and her daughter, Sheree, serving up cake, with other family members delivering it to their Guests.  What a nice "touch" on the family's behalf."


Remember my cousin, Tami?  Well I asked if she would take a picture of Patti and I and......

"She snapped the picture while we were still being "silly".... but then some things never change....lol.  Silly it is ! "


"Then Tami was kind enough to snap one when we were more composed....lol."


I am telling you I had such a great time catching up with old friends and family members I hadn't seen for .... that long ! 

By the time we said our goodbyes, Auntie went on her way, we went our way, with me not arriving back home until after 5:00 p.m.!!!  Wow there is that old saying again, "time flies when you are having fun", and fun we had, or at least I did !

Since it was such a lovely day out Rob and I had decided earlier that when I got back home we would go for a ride on the Motorcycle, as we hadn't for such a very long time.  We headed out right after I changed into more appropriate "biking" attire, to Owen Sound where Rob surprised me by taking me to our favorite little Chinese Restaurant for supper, the Twin Dragon.  Nice touch Rob !

Another perfect Fall day well spent from the beginning to the end.  Life is Good.

Not too sure if the weather is going to be so kind today, but what the heck we can't have perfect everyday, or it this Canadian gal would have nothing to complain about now would I?


Of course it is going to rain for the last two Mondays in a row, being Rob's day off, when it has been planned to get the wood ready for this upcoming Winter .... guess there will be some really "brr" moments being blogged about this Winter if it doesn't get done !

Regardless there is always something to be done, so I am off and running, once again, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".











1 comment:

  1. great photos you all look as though you were having fun.

    Another lovely day today, no rain here as yet (8pm)

    Gill

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...