Wednesday 10 August 2011

"Best" Friends Are "Best" Friends No Matter What Direction Life Takes Us

I need to infuse myself with coffee this morning....less then four hours of sleep does not cut it when there is a full day of needing to get "stuff" done ahead of one's self.  Why does sleep not come easily when you need it most?  "Murphy's Law" you say?  Well I say, "strangle that bugger!".  LOL.

Let's see if I can get my brain functioning well enough, after only one half of a coffee, to even recall some of how my day was yesterday.....and how could I forget meeting up with my "friend" of "forty" years?  I could not, even though our seeing each other throughout all those years has only been a "dab" here and a "dab" there, we have somehow always managed to find each other eventually....I do find that part to be so "weird", but "wonderful".

My friend, Brenda, and I met when she was 15 and I was 13 years old.  Her being from Walkerton, and myself from Southampton, we were introduced and hit it off right from the get go, if my memory serves me correctly, which I am sure it does.  Over the past 40 years, wherever we are, I have either found her, or she I.

The last time we were brought together was last year, when my friend, Ralph Shular from Southampton, ran into me at a Wiarton Cruise Night and told me some Brenda from Owen Sound was asking him if he knew me......ha, ha, ha....I couldn't believe she was living in Owen Sound and here I was only 40 minutes away in Wiarton !  Oh and thank goodness Ralph gets around to find these things out from time to time for people....thanks Ralph !

Brenda and I did manage, once again, to meet up last year and do about 20 years of catch up at that time.  The "wonderful" thing was it was not uncomfortable seeing each other and there was never a strain to any of our conversation !  Not long after our meeting, with a few phone calls afterwards, Brenda started a new job and was then a "very" busy girl.

Just recently..... through Ralph Shular, who had ran into Brenda, once again, then seen me at a later date, at another Wiarton Cruise Night, told me Brenda's husband had a posting in Africa and they were going to be moving there very shortly.  Off went an email and an inquiry on Facebook, as we have been in contact on there in presence at least.....to find out sure enough Brenda, and her husband, Ken, who is Army and has received an Embassy posting, are leaving on the 20th of August for Africa.

After a couple of phone calls and emails this past week, our schedules allowed us both to meet half way for a get together at a local Tim Hortons, which was yesterday.  Just like old times, we sat there and gabbed about everything and anything, just as though there had been no time lapsed between us since we had last seen each other well over a year ago.

Almost two hours later, we both had to get going, but not before I found someone to take our very "first" picture together ever, because God only knows when we will see each other again !

"Here we both are "forty" year friends, with hopefully many more years of friendship ahead of us."


All I can say is thank goodness for computers, email and Facebook, because quite a number of friendships have been re-established after many years have past, so that is one thing good that has came out of all this "computer" and "social networking", if nothing else.  In my case, there has been also many "new" friendships been made, much to my delight.

Brenda assured me, she will have a computer in Africa and will keep in contact all the time they are stationed the two years there.  Just think, I will soon be able to directly report from Africa through Brenda's eyes and emails, so hopefully she learns more about her camera and emailing pictures....lol.

First thing yesterday morning, I happen to notice, what I found to be very interesting, that my blooming Hoya houseplant has what well appears to be "nectar" dripping from it.  I have never seen such a sight before, and it was probably just one of those "one in a million" chances that I happen to look at it at such a time.

"I just thought this was another "cool" thing that I was able to capture with my trusty little camera."



"Clicking" on the photo will take it into another window, enlarging the picture for a much better closeup look.  If anyone out there has ever seen the same or a similar incident as to what is in these pictures, I would love to hear about it by dropping me an email at:  justnorthofwiarton@live.ca  .

Oh yes, and how could I have forgotten that Julie had emailed me, just a couple of weeks ago, sending a picture of the last "One & Only" puppy, from Bandit & Lexus' litter, that had adopted her family.  Here is "Buddy" with his best human boy friend, "Jack".

"I really don't think "Buddy" could have found a better match for a family.  This dog and boy  seems to the "perfect match" for each other, which had to have been made in Heaven."


Thanks so much for the picture, Julie, as you know I do look forward to hearing from you!

I dont' feel like I got much done, if anything done yesterday, but one thing forsure, I most certainly enjoyed my visit with my girlfriend, Brenda.

I must get checking out today's forecast and get on with my day at hand.


Today:


Cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers early this morning. Showers beginning this morning. Risk of a thunderstorm. Wind becoming northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 late this morning. Temperature steady near 19. UV index 3 or moderate. 

Tonight:


Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers this evening then partly cloudy. Risk of a thunderstorm early this evening. Wind northwest 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming light late this evening. Low 13.


Rain, rain, and more rain, and coming down pretty good by the sounds of it on my window.  This is a good thing, as other then going out with Bandit and Lexus, I won't have the urge to be outside, so maybe I will get what I need to get done inside the house today.

Before I sign off for today I would like to share a recipe since Peach/Nectarine Season is now upon us I found a very interesting recipe I am thinking of trying in the near future.  I love Peaches, Nectarines and Raspberries, so I am thinking when I get around to making this I will love it too !

Raspberry Nectarine Pie Recipe provided through the following Canadian Living website link:

http://www.canadianliving.com/food/raspberry_nectarine_pie.php

This link even describes for you how to make a "lattice" top for the pie.  Not sure if I will be that adventurous when I make it, but we will see.....

*Sigh* .... I think I will go strangle "Murphy" and get on all those things that need done in my day ahead, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't find the comment tag on the post above?

    Saw that pie recipe in my Canadian Living as well it looks yummy,

    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't find any comment tags on you posts?

    Glad you're back home, did you feel the earth quake yesterday?

    Gill

    ReplyDelete

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...