Wednesday 3 August 2011

Another Refreshing Evening Rainfall Just North of Wiarton.

There are puddles out there, so I am thinking we had a nice steady rain all throughout the night and wee hours of the morning.  Not that we didn't need it, and it is just what I ordered, "rain all night with warmth and sunshine all day"....lol, would that not be the perfect weather?  There I go off and dreaming again....

The first bout of rain, after another beautiful Summer day, yesterday was around 5:00 p.m., when there was just a few more rounds with the lawn tractor still having to be made....I got soaked.  I wasn't going to give it up until it was done, or it would have looked awful with a round of tall grass right in the middle of the lawn.  The rain only lasted long enough to give me a good soaking, as it was done before it was time to fire up the Barbecue for supper.

....and what plans has the Wiarton Weatherman made for the day ahead?  Just heading there now.


Today:


Cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers this morning and early this afternoon. Clearing this afternoon. Wind becoming east 20 km/h this afternoon. High 24. UV index 6 or high.



Tonight:


Clear. Low 14.


Looking good after the 30 percent showers get over with this morning.  A bit cooler then yesterday too.

After that "big" "Explore the Adventure" we had Sunday and Monday, I am feeling kind of pooped out and blogged out this morning....lol, maybe it's the weather?

I was really tired yesterday, regardless other then getting part of the lawn mowed, I did manage to get a bit of vacuuming and dusting, much needed I might add, done down in the basement.  Bandit has been shedding quite a bit lately with all the heat we have been having the last while, so there was enough there you would have thought a sheep had been shorn !

There could have been lots more done down there, but my body and brain weren't up to anymore then I had managed to get done....pace myself, pace myself, pace myself !  I am still reminding myself to pace myself at times.  It is much better to pace one's self, then be totally out of commission for the next couple of days, so I am starting to realize.  "Heavy" on the starting to realize.....

I was also pretty excited yesterday, as my recipe exchange group on Facebook, "Cindy's Recipe Exchange" hit the 50 member mark yesterday, and 52 members as of this morning!  It is so nice to have that interaction with other people who also enjoy "simple cooking and baking from recipes that have been tried, tested, and true".

I always look forward to new ideas that are simple with everyday on hand ingredients I might have in the pantry....I don't mind going out the odd time to make a special purchase or two for a really good recipe that Rob and I both enjoy....but "quick & easy" and "keeping it simple" are two of my most favorite cooking/baking mottoes, and not always the "quick & easy", as there are times that just isn't always possible with a few recipes we enjoy consuming or serving to family and/or friends.

If you have a Facebook account, please feel free to come on in and join the group, and invite your family and friends along too!

I was doing some research and a bit of looking around for a new member, yesterday as well, for a Crock Pot Meat Loaf with Gravy recipe.  When I was searching through my recipes, I came across a Peaches and Cream recipe someone had given me a couple of years ago (can't remember who), and an old favorite of my Mother's, Fruit Salad, which she used to make for special occasions.

I thought I would share these recipes since Summer time is the season for so much and "fresh is best".

Peaches and Cream Pie

9" unbaked pie crust
6 or 8 fresh peaches, peeled & sliced
4 tbsp. flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 450 * F.  Put sliced peaches in pie crust.  Mix flour & sugar together; sprinkle over peaches.  Mix cream and vanilla together; pour carefully over peach mixture.  Sprinkle with cinnamon.

Bake 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 *F and continue baking another 50 minutes. 

Note:  Pears can be substituted for peaches.

I haven't tried this recipe yet, but now peaches are coming into season, I am thinking I will leave it out and give it a whirl.  I love Peach Pie !

Fruit Salad

1 1/2 cups grapes, halved and seeded
1 can Tangerines or Mandarin oranges, drained
1 can pineapple tidbits, drained (I am thinking the smaller sized can, 14 oz?)
1 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows, small white
1 cup sour cream

Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate overnight.

I remember eating this salad.....and it is really really yummy and was a big hit, if I remember correctly, at a few family functions that come to mind ! 

That was pretty much my day in a "nutshell".  Pretty humdrum after our big adventure the past couple of days, out and about Bruce County, that is forsure......lol.  I am sure there will be many more adventures happening before the Summer is out !

Let's see what to do today?  Clean the bathroom, wash the kitchen floor.....just a couple of "how many things that could be done today".  Oh yes, and remember to "pace myself".

First of all, I think I will head back out into "Cindy's Kitchen" to make myself another cup of Java and further mull over what I am actually going to do today, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...