Tuesday 28 June 2011

Sunshine & Warmth Please Before My Garden Rots In The Ground !

I am getting quite concerned with our vegetable garden, as it is still a mucky mess from all the rain we had last week, right up to Saturday morning, and then again last night!

Upon yesterday's inspection, the tomatoes don't appear to have a good colour, not sure if the potatoes will rot into the ground or not, however the pepper and zucchini plants are still green with flowers on them, the lettuce has shown itself (what lettuce wouldn't like lots of wet), radishes are showing themselves, but no sign of the beets.  Oops forgot to notice if the yellow beans have begun to sprout or not....will have to check that out today, as well as the onions.

How can I convince the Wiarton Airport Weatherman how imperative it is to have rain only in moderation, and preferably in the evening when most people are then sleeping?  Guess I don't, because there are days he never hears me, and here I go slipping into a "bad" marriage scene with him once again, lol.

Today:

Cloudy with sunny periods and 60 percent chance of showers. Risk of a thunderstorm early this morning. Wind becoming west 20 km/h this afternoon. High 20. UV index 6 or high.

Tonight:

Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. Wind west 20 km/h becoming light late this evening. Low 12


*Sigh*, but I have to keep reminding myself, I am so happy it is not snow and that I can now buy new crop potatoes at the grocery store for a sale price of $3.97 this week before the price is jacked up to $5.99 for the same 10 pound bag.  I best be running in for that second bag before the sale is over!

I must have hope the sun will soon shine for the vegetable gardens to flourish, so the grocery store prices have no further reason to have sky high prices caused by another poor growing season.....hope, hope, hope !

Not to dwell further on my "bad" marriage with the Wiarton Weatherman, onto a couple of interesting articles I have came across.  I have included the website link under each respective heading as follows:

How Diet Can Cause and Improve Menopause Symptoms ~ Certain foods can worsen menopause symptoms like fatigue and hot flashes. Discover some menopause diet no-nos and find out what to eat instead.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/menopause-pictures/how-diet-can-cause-and-improve-symptoms-of-menopause.aspx

I found this article to have a lot of good common sense reminders in it.  However, now I am confused as to whether I put on 8 to 15 pounds because of menopause or from when I quit smoking?  LOL, there are so many similar factors to so many different things......I have lost  thirteen of those pounds in the past year, but I still have another, at least 15 to go....*sigh* the constant battle of being a woman, oh man !!!!

Your Mother's Health & You ~ Like mother, like daughter? That can be great in many ways, but not when it comes to inherited women's health conditions.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/womens-health/your-mothers-health-and-you.aspx

This article was more interesting, or I at least found it to be, as we always wonder what is genetically passed down, and what isn't.  Whether it is all factual or not for everyone, I did find it to be of great interest in my own comparisions between my Mother, my sisters and myself.

Going through my photos earlier this morning, I realized I had forgotten a very important picture of my little "Birthday Ham" !

"Connor all decked out with his Spiderman raincoat and umbrella!"



He has a look of "caution" for some reason in this picture, and I can't remember if someone on the sidelines was giving him a hard time or not, lol......regardless he is equipped for the rainy days, with only the boots missing, which I know he does have a pair at home.

Some other pictures I managed to capture over this past weekend:

"Windy-Lee kicking up her heels."



"Lacey, Break-dancing."


"Jazz kicking up the dirt."


"Bandit trying to put a stop to all the fun and frolicking."


"Yeah buddy, what do you think you are going to do about it?"


"No pictures, Mom,  as I am ticked right now cause those girls just get under my skin some days !"


I am sure Bandit does get some frustrated with those three, especially when they do stand there and just give him the "look" !  LOL

Yesterday was just a day of tidying up from the boys being here for the weekend, nothing too serious.  I suppose I should try and be a little more productive today inside, since it is going to be raining out anyway !!!

I believe another cup of Java would be in order before I get off my duff and even begin to think what I am going to do with my day ahead, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard."

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...