Saturday 25 June 2011

The "Rip-Tail Snorters" Have Taken Over My Life !

Never a "dull" moment when my three Rip-tail Snorters arrive on our doorstep, that is for sure.  They made their grand entry around 6:30 p.m. last night.

I had a supper of venison sausage, green beans, boiled new red potatoes, and homemade Cottage Cheese biscuits all ready for them.  After everyone of my "four" boys (four boys, meaning, Rob, Paul, Aiden & Connor) fueled themselves with their meal, we went on to the grand final of the Birthday Celebrations.

"What would any birthday be without a Layered Chocolate Cake?"


"Okay guys, you can both blow them out."


"Not sure if there was time to make wishes by the time these two Rip-tail Snorters got to blowing."


"Yep, Grandma, that was really good Birthday Cake."


"Thinking Aiden was in pretty deep "chocolate cake" thought here."


I most certainly had a busy day leading up to the "boys" arrival.  First thing was the drive North of the Checkerboard to my weekly Doctor's appointment, then home to make homemade Cottage Cheese Biscuits and Chocolate Cake.

"Um mm, first time I had made these biscuits, and they were so good I will be making them again."


Cottage Cheese Biscuits

2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
4 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp margarine or butter
Mix until crumby & set aside

In separate bowl....

1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup cubed old cheddar cheese
1 egg
1/4 cup milk

Add cheese mixture to flour mixture, just until blended. If to wet add a little flour. Pat onto floured board and cut into biscuits 1/2 in thickness. bake at 425F for 10-12 min.....don't crowd on cookie sheet.

This recipe was submitted to Facebook's, "Cindy's Recipe Exchange", by my niece, Joanne Spence.  Thanks for the recipe, Joanne,  it passed the Rip-Tail Snorter's taste test !

"....and of course, then there was the Chocolate Birthday Cake, with sparkles."


Right now, I hear the sounds of rain outside the window, so I am thinking this will be how it will be for this morning, and the rest of the day?

Today:

Cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers. Wind west 20 km/h. High 19. UV index 5 or moderate.

Tonight:

Cloudy periods. Wind west 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low 12.


*Sigh* only 30 percent chance.   My three boys and I are off to Owen Sound this morning anyway to make a couple of Birthday purchases, since it was just Connor's 4th birthday this past Tuesday, and the "big" guy, Paul, has one coming up on July 6th.  So we will make the best of a rainy morning, and hope for the day to clear for this afternoon......

I have been playing around with the thoughts of a name for a Kennel.  Upon mentioning this last Sunday when my cousins Brad & Paula, were here, Brad came up with the name "Checkerboard Aussies".  I am thinking that is pretty catchy.  I just wanted to put that out there to see if anyone else had the same thoughts on that?  I would appreciate hearing from anyone either through my Facebook page, or at justnorthofwiarton.@live.ca

Off and running, as I just "know" with my Rip-tail Snorters here, there isn't going to be a dull moment in my day ahead, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard."

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...