Sunday 12 June 2011

The "Magnificent Seven" Have ALL Left the Buidling.

My day has begun in tears, with first going through some posts of my friends and family on Facebook, wherein here I read the post 10 hours ago made by my oldest sister, Jeanne.

Your sister is your first friend in life. Nobody will ever understand your crazy family like your sister. And even if you don't get together or talk as much as you would like to, as you get older, she'll always remain your best friend. Re-post if you have the best sisters in the world! xo...I have 2 beautiful sisters love them dearly.

So begins my day with tears in my eyes and my heart feeling as it will burst.  I can say no more, other then how much I do love my sisters in return, as my emotions are overwhelming.

My company yesterday morning arrived safely on my doorstep at 8:00 a.m., with the Strawberry Rhubarb pie only being in the hot oven for 10 minutes at that time.  I had to go down to retrieve her, as Bandit not knowing her would not gain her entry.  Good boy Bandit!  As soon as I was at the door to let him out, he was thrilled to meet his cousin, lol, my niece, Joanne.

Since Joanne's Mother, Jeanne, did not know anything about our get together, Joanne called her upon her arrival.  After she talked and said she had to go, I then called her.  Since Jeanne had already read my "blog" entry for the day, she wanted to know who my company was?  LOL, I said, "here I will let you talk to her".

"Daughter talking to Mother for the second time within minutes.  I wonder what Jeanne's expression was on the other end of the line?"


Joanne's neighbour, Linda, was coming past our house on the way to dropping off someone at Tobermory for the ferry, so Joanne immediately grabbed the opportunity to come for a visit with me.

Let me tell you how quick that two hour visit went!  So quick it seems like I could replay it all back in 15 minutes.  Still we had some fast gabbing to do.  Once Linda came back to collect Joanne, she came in to have a tea and piece of still warm rhubarb pie before they took their leave, so we did have our visit extened a 'wee' bit.

Talking to Joanne later in the day to hear they got home safe & sound, she shared with me that Linda liked me and enjoyed her visit at my house as well.  Ummm, now that I have heard that, I am sure I can trick her to bring Joanne back with bribes of more rhubarb pie!  LOL

Joanne noticed I enjoy snowmen, when I had made a purchase not too long ago and posted a picture of three snowmen with IKE.  She brought along a couple of more for me.

"IKE is absolutely tickled he has a couple more new buddies.  Thanks Joanne!"


Speaking of IKE, I never did have the opportunity to publicly and properly announce the contest winner of the naming my "Nameless Kitchen Cat". 

"Special thanks goes to Missus Elsie Paynter of Newfoundland, Canada, for her winning name of "IKE, the Kitchen Cat, aka "I Know Everything"."


Missus Elsie Paynter has so graciously accepted her prize by email.

"Missus Elsie had requested a Strawberry Rhubarb pie".


I don't think Missus Elsie realized I had all that company yesterday, but she did get her prize emailed to her.

"Hope you enjoyed what was left of your Prize Pie, Missus Elsie?"


LOL, seriously Elsie thanks for IKE's new name, as he has been wearing it proud.

The Magnificent Seven have all been to dispersed to their hopefully "forever & ever" homes as of yesterday afternoon, with the "One & Only" finding his new best friend.

"There is nothing quite like a dog and his boy".


Thanks Julie, Mark & Jack for showing "instant" love on first sight of this most handsome "One & Only" guy.  I am looking forward to finding out what his name will be, as well as following his future with his new choice of  family.

Wow, Lexus, Bandit, Rob & I, along with everyone else connected to us, have had quite the wonderful adventure along the way with the "Magnificent Seven".  I am thrilled they have all gone to wonderful homes, to the best of my knowledge, and more thrilled to personally know a couple of homes they have been placed into, as I can continue following them as they grow and mature.

Ummm, I wonder how many in the next litter, and what will their new "litter name" be?  That will be another puppy adventure and saga, now won't it be?

Yesterday's weather was another disappointment, as we got a couple of more downpours with maybe 5 minutes worth of sunshine?  Let's see what today is going to bring.


Today:

Cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers or drizzle this morning. Fog patches dissipating this morning. Wind becoming northwest 20 km/h this morning. High 16. UV index 5 or moderate.

Tonight:

Clearing late this evening. Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light this evening. Low 6.


I certainly hope the 30 percent hold off for a bit, as Paula & Brad are dropping in on their way back home from Dyer's Bay, North of the Checkerboard, to pickup a few perennials.
Pretty quiet here this morning with no puppy asking for out at 5:30 a.m..  Lexus isn`t asking out yet this morning either, as Rob had both her & Bandit out when he arrived home at 3:00 a.m..  It is pretty foggy and damp looking outside my window at the moment, so I hope I don`t have to venture out too soon into the dull and dampness of the grey morning light. 

I think I will go make myself another cup of Java, while I contemplate what I am going to day with my day, ``Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard``.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...