Wednesday 15 June 2011

It Looks Like It Will Be Another "Hang The Laundry Out" KInd of Day

What a 'beautiful' weather day was that yesterday in good old Bruce County?  Wow, those are the kinds of days I could live with year round, now I just have to figure out how to have that arranged.......lol.

Here is is 5:51 a.m., as I sit here thinking about maybe a second cup of Java already, since the dishwasher is going and a load of laundry is in the washing machine.  Boy am I on my game or what this morning!

I am thrilled to report, Rob was able to once again put the tiller through the veggie garden.  I believe today might be the day we get to plant the potatoes, tomatoes, and zucchini plants we purchased last week.  Also the marigolds need planted to go inbetween the potato plants to deter the potato bugs.   The Marigolds aren't looking too great right now, as I purchased them around Mother's Day, but once they get planted they will hopefully revive themselves.

Not only was the garden tilled again, Rob had to have another go at cutting the lawn, as well as the trimming.  Weather permitting, this will now be a weekly job on the "to do" list, but I would rather us sit on a lawn tractor cutting the lawn then see Rob in the 'big' tractor blowing snow out of the driveway!

Today I will be attending the second session of the VON's Caregiver Education Series.  I am so looking forward to attending this afternoon.  I am not sure what will be on the discussion agenda for the day, however I am sure I will come away from it with something very useful I will need to know, or maybe even something reinforced that I know already. 

One of last weeks homework requirements was for us to set one manageable goal for ourselves.....oops, I have been so busy lately with other things and people in my life, that I have been still forgetting about myself.  It is easy to do when a person finds themselves with a 'full' plate, barely being able to stack one more item onto that plate, whether it be mental or physical.

I need to start getting myself grounded so I can figure out how & when I can put some time aside for just "me".  Sounds kind of selfish, but so I am told it really isn't, as if we don't take "me" time, we will end up finding ourselves in an unhealthy situation, whether it be physically, mentally or both.  Stress can do some pretty unpleasant numbers on one's mind and/or body.

I used to walk frequently, if not daily, and I have not found myself not walking for quite some time, as I have been too "busy" doing stuff or too "busy" thinking about stuff.  I need to take heed about what the VON Education session has been stating "loud & clear" in only one session, to set myself one attainable goal to start with.  I had better get on the band wagon, and get started on that for "myself".

Let's see, what a better time then today to go out for walk if the good old Bruce County weather will cooperate.


Today:


Sunny. High 24. UV index 9 or very high.


Tonight:


Clear. Increasing cloudiness near midnight. Low 12.


Can't get much better then that.  Looks like the weather is going to be a duplicate of the beautiful day we had yesterday. 

With the goal of a walk in mind somewhere in my day ahead, I best be getting those other minute type chores out of my way first, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...