Wednesday 8 June 2011

Chicken Farmer's Of Canada Says, "Don't Overcook That Chicken"!

Wow, what another lightning show and thunder banger storm that was last night !  The "nerve" of the Hydro going out on the last performance of "The Voice".  Never fails it always goes out on a show I have faithfully been following since the very start.

Upon looking out our back patio doors this morning, I seen there were not puddles upon puddles of water laying on the ground, as there had been last Saturday.  Good thing for us and our untilled garden I am sure.

I also noticed I was not the only Early Bird up and at it this morning.

This Red-Wing Blackbird was seemingly enjoying breakfast at a very early hour.



Glancing out towards our field in the East, I see this bird was not the only early breakfast diner.

Lacey and Jazz appear to be enjoying a breakfast of moist early morning morsels.


Windy Lee must be feeling a little anti-sociable this morning.  I suppose she does not have her happy face on yet.


I did get laundry done yesterday, sure glad I took the last load off after last night's supper and hung the still damp items on the basement line to finish drying, otherwise they would have been found, blown over to the neighbours somewhere, I am sure this morning.

Speaking of last night's supper, for someone who used to burn everything when first met, certainly knows how to work that barbecue now.  Rob grills bone-in chicken breasts to perfection; juices running clear, moist on the inside and the skin just a tad crisp on the outside (the thoughts of them are causing my mouth to water at the moment here at 5:37 am, they were that good).  I am certainly glad Rob has become such a King of the Grill, as it is such a benefit to me, or anyone else attending a barbecue at our place any given time, lol.

According to the Chicken Farmer's of Canada, proper cooking times are not just about safety. In fact, most Canadians overcook their chicken, which can leave it dry. Use the following chart, by clicking on the website link below, to make sure that your chicken is cooked to perfection.

http://chicken.ca/cooking-tips/food_safety_at_home/chicken-cooking-times

When I was browsing around on their website, I also took a peek at some of their recipes, which I think I will be checking out more in depth at a later date, as I do love chicken!

I have a big day ahead of me, first with the visit of a good friend, and then the beginning of the VON Caregiver Education Series.  I suppose I will have to see what kind of weather day I will be having for my big day ahead.

Today:

Clearing early this morning. Wind becoming southwest 20 km/h late this morning. High 29. UV index 8 or very high

Tonight:

Cloudy. 30 percent chance of showers with risk of a thunderstorm. Wind southwest 20 km/h becoming light after midnight. Low 12.


Daytime is looking pretty good, but there is that rish of thunderstorms looming overhead once again tonight.  *Smile*, still better then a snowstorm in my books! 

On that note, I shall take my leave into the kitchen to prepare myself another cup of much needed caffeine to get my day off and running, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...