Saturday 18 June 2011

Chi-Cheemaun Annual Festival's Car Show Today North of the Checkerboard

I can't believe how busy Rob and I were yesterday in preparation and anticipation of our friends, Doug & Vicki's arrival.  After I had gotten the dogs out, bed made and dressed, it was non-stop from there.

Zoey had to be dropped off at the groomers, as well as some other running around chores which had to be done.  I couldn't believe by the time we were done all of that and I had collected Zoey back from the groomers, we hadn't arrived back home until 1:30 p.m.!  Oh man, there was still lots to be done at that point in the day.......first off a pie to be made.

Rhubarb Pie (9" Pie)

4 cups cubed rhubarb
1 1/2 cup sugar and 1/3 cup flour mixed; add 1 cup sour cream to mixture, as well as a few strawberries. if so desired. Put raw rhubarb in pan, lined with pie crust; pour sour cream mixture
over.

Top with:

1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup softened butter

Bake at 400* F for 15 minutes, and decrease oven to 350*
baking for a further 30-40 minutes more.

Recipe From the Kitchen of Gladys Eby.

This recipe is from the Masterson Family Cookbook 2005


"While I was making pie, Rob was doing his usual thing."


"While I was doing everything!"

Rhubarb Pie in the making Stage One ~ Rhubarb chopped & placed in crust lined pie plate, with Sour Cream Sauce mixed:


Stage Two:  Sour Cream Sauce Spread over top of Chopped Rhubarb:


Stage Three ~ Crumble topping mixed and spread evenly over top of all:


Stage Four ~ Fresh Baked Rhubarb Pie straight out from the oven:


"and Rob still doing his usual thing."


Ha, ha, ha....this was just a "coffee break" when we got back home from all our running around, and not really what he did with the rest of his day, as.......

The front entrance still needed the painting to be finished.......



.....and he had to help me re-transplant my Jade Plants.



 Now they have been removed from the basement, dusted off and re-planted, I think they are going to have a wonderful summer ahead of them outside on the deck.  We just finished and then.......

"Hello Doug & Vicki."


".....and Jack."


Keisha was still sleeping in the truck, so I will have to get her picture sometime today.

How could I almost forget to post Zoey's new "hair do"?  Bring on the summertime weather.....

"Bring it boys, I am cool as a cucumber and ready for anything."


Certainly not the moppet she was before....awesome job done by her hairdresser, Lisa!

Doug, Vicki, Rob and I all had a wonderful supper together last night.  The rhubarb pie was a delish ending to an great meal.  We cleaned up, had a visit then retired ourselves for the evening, as we had all been up very early that morning.

Best be checking in with the weatherman....


Today:


Sunny. Fog patches dissipating this morning. High 26. UV index 9 or very high.


Tonight:


Clear. Low 12.


Looking good for our drive "North of the Checkerboard" up to the Chi-Cheemaun Festival at Tobermory today.

I have a few things that need attending before I take my leave to anywhere today, not without my camera in hand, I best be off and running, once again, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...