Monday 13 June 2011

Can't Believe This Is My 100th Day of Blogging !!!

I can not believe this is my 100th blog already; where did those 100 days go?  Upon reflecting back, I suppose within those 100 days, there has been quite the mix of fun, serious, melancholy, sad, emotional, sarcastic..... just all kind of blog days. 

All I can say I have been enjoying every one of those blog days, as well as the input/comments from all my family and friends who encourage me to keep on "blogging"......

Lol, one would think if I was any kind of professional type "blogger" I would be prepared with a picture of the spot I blog from, or maybe a picture of me as I am blogging away.....but alas, I am not that type of professional blogger, so I will just have to be me today, just like any other day, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard". 

I just realized it is Monday, the 13th of June.  Why is it Friday the 13th gets so much attention, and not Monday the 13th?  Umm, will have to research that for future blog, now won't I?

Actually I am quite pleased that the other day I came upon a video, created by Explore the Bruce, of my Hometown of Southampton, Ontario which was taken from the air.  I believe the purpose of the video was to show the Canadian Flag Pole located at the end of Main Street's Cenotaph. 

"When watching the video, you will notice the big blue Water Tower, which is located barely a block away from where I grew up".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXs3VmxSNV4&feature=youtu.be

Explore the Bruce must have spent a whole day in Southampton, as they also visited and took a video of the Southampton Market.

"This Market was once a furniture factory of three in Southampton, where my Father was employed, as well as most of the residents of Southampton at one time many years ago".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIX4PpEOR2w&feature=youtu.be

Special thanks to Explore the Bruce, as it really made my day when I noticed these videos had been posted on Facebook.

*Sigh* Some day I will go spend a day in Southampton with my trusty little camera to do a walk down memory lane.

My niece, Joanne, brought along a Taste of Home recipe book when she was here visiting this past Saturday.  She showed me a recipe that she had just recently tried out, and told me how good she and her friends thought it to be.

Well anyone that knows me, knows I could not resist the challenge of trying another "new" to me recipe, out on my favorite Guinea Pig, that being the "Crabby Cabbie", aka my dear husband, Rob.

Since I made the recipe into a double batch, I thought maybe I would add a couple of Guinea Pigs, that I had used once before, into the mix to see what they would think of this new concoction I was making.  So on deciding this I called my good old standbys, Uncle Basil and Auntie Gladys, who so graciously accepted my invitation of dinner, without knowing what they were getting themselves into.

When Aunt Gladys & Uncle Basil arrived at our house, they had brought along fresh green onions, just picked before they left to come here, from their window box at home.

"I thought they made the most wonderful centerpiece for the table".


After I got Mom, Aunt Gladys, Uncle Basil and Rob all situated at the table and served dinner to them, they didn't appear to be too disgruntled about what they were being served.


"The 'trick' is to keep them distracted while they are trying out a 'new' dish, so they don't have a chance to comment before they try it. As you can tell by this picture, I had no problems at all distracting this bunch".


If anyone knows my Aunt Gladys, they know she can never go anywhere she has been invited without taking something along (it wouldn't be proper not to, you know?  LOL).  The green onions weren't enough, and Rob had found out she had made his favorite on Saturday.

"Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing".


I was only allowed to take a picture of the cake in this end of the dish, as the icing got kinda smushed up in transport, and just didn't look all that "nice".  Thank you, Aunt Gladys, you certainly made the "Crabby Cabbie's" day by bringing along his absolutely most favorite dessert and leaving the remains for him!

"I hope nobody thought I was going to leave "IKE" out of all this action?"


Ha, ha, ha....if the truth be told, my head was so busy, I did forget to take a picture with IKE, until Aunt Gladys reminded me!  Poor old IKE.

Okay now down to the nitty gritty, Rob commented to me that, "I had outdone myself" and rated the meal a 10 Star, Mother was her usual quiet self when she was eating, Aunt Gladys said, "it was very very good".

"..... and Uncle Basil.....well what is there to say about him?  he is just "Uncle Basil".



Who, I might add, professes to be the "Smartest Man in All of Port Elgin".  Ummm, I wonder what the rest of Port Elgin's male population would have to say about that if a "little" bird was to advertise this little tidbit?  LOL....my lips be sealed Uncle Basil, no worries, but please put a cheque in the mail, would you?

Oh no, in all the commotion and excitement I almost forgot to tell what the recipe was, lol.....it was a Hearty-Cheese Tortellini done in the slow cooker, you can find it at the following link:

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Hearty-Cheese-Tortellini

I am sure there is lots I am leaving out about my day, yesterday, but these certainly were the "highlights" that came to mind.

Since the past couple of days have been either cool or wet, I think I will see what the Wiarton Airport has to say about the day ahead.


Today:


Sunny. Becoming a mix of sun and cloud this afternoon. High 18. UV index 7 or high.


Tonight:


Cloudy periods. Clearing before morning. Low 10.


Wow, this forecast looks most promising.  I think I will actually be able to hang some laundry on the outside line today.  Yeah !!!  I have more on my plate then laundry to do today, as Mother & I both have a Dentist appointment as well.

I just realized Rob has a day off today, so I am sure there is lots for me to find for him to do too.  LOL, wish me luck with that here, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...