Sunday 29 May 2011

*Sigh* Exhausted & Bone Tired In Need Of An Infusion.

I am feeling like an old rag doll this morning.  I am thinking all this damp weather has really been taking its toll on mine, as well as many other's, most unfortunate bodies.  Oh the joys of being invincible in my younger days and paying the price as I age.  Once I get infused with another coffee, and start moving the body parts a little more, I am sure they will start all working again eventually....or I most certainly hope they do.  LOL.

We had a most wonderful visit with our friends, Tim and Bob yesterday.  Ha,ha,ha....we had lots of aches and pains to compare with each other. 

Shortly after their arrival at the noon hour, Rob got the barbecue fired up, and we had a lovely lunch of Hamburgers, potato salad, coleslaw, homemade pickles and Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler to top it all off with.  Trust me after lunch we were all ready for a "nap", and all headed for an easy chair in the livingroom.

Once I got lunch cleaned up, Rob and Tim were doing what they do best.....



.....and Bob & I got ready to head downtown to check out an Antique Wicker set that was posted for sale on Kijiji.



Once we arrived at the address and found nobody at home, we decided to check out the local antique business, Memories.

Arriving at the Victorian home which houses Memories, the owner, Debbie, came to the door to tell us they will not be open and ready for business for two more weeks.  However, she was kind enough to invite us into the foyer for a most "enjoyable" chat.  Bob is anxious to come back for a visit, as he thinks she has some lovely pieces that will be well worth checking out.  Yeah, another anticipated visit from "Bob" !!!

A friend of Bob's, Sherry, and her son, Dan, had come along with them, as Sherry had continued on to Stoke's Bay to drop Dan off to his grandfathers for a summer visit.  Since she had taken the car on up there, we had the pleasure of visiting with our dear friends until her return at 6:30, when they then took their leave back home.

Even though we are frequently in contact with each other by email and phone calls, I do miss seeing them as much as I used to when living in Waterloo.  *Sigh*  I am hoping to get down to their house for a weekend visit sometime this upcoming summer.

I think Aunt Lizzie will be missing Tim, as she had much of his attention for the most part of the visit:



Ha, ha, ha....beware of the "Affectionate Feline" upon taking a seat in our house!  Aw, the life a a cat, or our cat anyway.

I enjoyed my homemade Potato Salad and Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler so much, I had some of each for my supper last night:




What a combination, but it satisfied the need.  I must add, I did not combine the two on the same plate.  LOL  Should anyone care for either of the recipe, feel free to let me know at Cindy's Recipe Exchange on Facebook, or at justnorthofwiarton@live.ca, as I am most happy to share.

After everyone had taken their leave, my "Crabby Cabbie", Rob, had to go fill up the cab with gas to be ready for his night ahead.  I went along for the ride, asking if we could "please swing by to see if those people with the Wicker set were home yet?"  Much to my delight he did and they were.

Not only did we bring home the wicker set, Rob also put out the awning on the deck, once we got home with the set:


What a fantastic ending to a day that was "fantastic" the whole day through.  Thanks Rob, Bob and Tim for making my day!

I am undecided as what to do with my day ahead.  I best check out the Wiarton Airport's take on the day before I do decide:


Today:

Cloudy with sunny periods. 30 percent chance of showers this morning and early this afternoon. Clearing this afternoon. High 21. UV index 7 or high

Tonight:

Increasing cloudiness. 30 percent chance of showers. Risk of a thunderstorm before morning. Low 12.


Ummm, I don't think I will be take a chance by doing any laundry and hanging it out today.  I am sure I will think of something else to do with my day, "Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard".

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...