Saturday 9 April 2011

Today Would Be the Day to Start Up that BBQ & the Outdoor Spring Cleaning !

Can't believe today is going to be a high of 15 degrees Celsius!!!   According to the weatherman it is suppose to be.  It is -0 C and pretty frosty outside my patio door at the moment, so I will patiently inside until I see that change.

Let's see what the Wiarton Aiport's report says in comparison to what John Wilson at County 93..7 had to say yesterday:

Today:

Sunny. High 13. UV index 7 or high.
 

Tonight:
A few clouds. Increasing cloudiness after midnight. Fog patches developing after midnight. Low plus


A high of 13, just a couple of degrees off.  I think I will go with the high of 15 forecast, as I prefer warmer.

The ground around the house is really too wet to do anything yet, with so much to be done, however I think I will try to get out  and make a dent (with my rubber boots on) on pruning back all the dead canes, etc....from the flower beds.  I think also since it will be so nice I will hang the laundry out on the outside lines also today, as I for one love the Spring fresh smell on the clothing.

There there is that "shitty" Bandit and Lexus winter detail to be cleaned up.  "Shit" being the operative word here.  I go to all the trouble of walking out with them when I take them out; training them to go over to a certain spot, then have someone else (not to mention any names) take them out all Winter and just let them go wherever!  This cleanup job will definitely being going to the "go wherever guy"!  LOL

Explore the Bruce had posted a "Spring Yardwork and Property Maintenance" blog yesterday that I think I will be using some tips from:

http://www.explorethebruce.com/spring_property_maintenance_yard_work.php

I bought some boneless skinless chicken breasts, fresh green bean and cauliflower yesterday, so I am thinking to have Rob get the BBQ fired up for supper and have ourselves a feast!  No pots and pans type of weather.....I just love it !!!!

I will be trying out this Burger recipe on a future warm weather BBQ day:

Best Ever lean Burgers

1 lb (500 g) Extra Lean or Lean Ground Beef1 Egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup (50ml) Each finely chopped onions and mushrooms
1/2 cup (125ml) dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup (50ml) Each Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce and milk
1 clove garlic, minced
Pepper to taste

Lightly combine all ingredients.

Gently form into six 3/4-inch (2 cm) thick patties.

Cook patties over medium heat on lightly greased grill for 6 to 7 minutes per side until a digital instant read thermometer inserted sideways into centre of each patty reads at least 160 *F (71*C). Makes 6 Burgers.

Per burger (made with Extra Lean Ground Beef):183 Calories, 20 g protein, 7 g fat, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fibre, 250 mg sodium. Good source of iron and excellent source of zinc.

I still have a pile of apples in the fridge waiting to be used up, so it might be a good idea to put together an Apple Pie in the oven for my most favorite Guinea Pig in the World.  The poor guy doesn't say a word when I tell him I am going to try a new recipe other then, "I guess I will be your Guinea Piggy again tonight".  I must say, Rob does cooperate very well in the taste testing Guinea Pig department, but then again it does include food, apparently one way to a "man's heart".

I am also so excited, as my Auntie got me a "The Muffin Mania" cookbook!  I had one of these books way back in the early 80's, and it was lost years later in a house fire.  I am so excited.  I already decided on our way back home of two recipes I want to make (Rob was driving by the way).  I remember well of getting up early in the mornings to whip up a batch of muffins for everyone's breakfast before getting ready for work.

Wow more Guinea Pig material to try out on Rob.  I can't wait......

Between laundry, making apple pie, outside work, people coming to see puppies, I am pretty sure I have my day pretty much filled to the brim.......I think I will have that 2nd cup of coffee to give myself a kick start for the day ahead, "Just North of Wiarton  & South of the Checkerboard".

No comments:

Post a Comment

How nice of you to drop around to have a wee visit with me to see what I have been up to from time to time. I look forward to your comments as they add much brightness to my each and every day to know there are such wonderful people out there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...